Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I believe...

A Twitter post from 89.9 Light FM asked "what do you believe" and listeners were to phone/email/SMS the station and explain what it was that they believe in. I took up the request and this is what I wrote.

"I believe in God and I believe that there was Jesus, but I find it difficult to believe in the Resurrection. In this logical & scientific age, I cant believe that a man died and then rose from his grave."

What do you believe?

Then, listening to this interview on You Tube by Rev Dr Mark Tronson interviewing Simon Manchester ~ Bible teacher and I got to thinking about why I want to become a Christian. The non-selfish part of me wants to be a better person. And I believe that God created us and we should follow his will. The selfish part of me wants to go to Heaven when I die.


My question is... how can I believe that God exists and that Heaven is a place we go when we die, but I don't/can't believe that Jesus rose from the dead?

Helpful comments, suggestions and answers are welcome and encouraged, with one condition only - please just keep them friendly and inoffensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment